Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need someone to look at HiJack log for me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlakeOzz

BlakeOzz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

I'm not sure WHAT may be wrong with my puter. it intermittently just locks up for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then starts back up again. Also it runs slowly and in Firefox I can't try to open/view a post in more than 1 tab at a time or it really bogs down.

It could be a variety of things, I know, including the fact that it's a POS work computer running Win 2000, but I've tried virus checks, scans, cookie clearing and all that stuff and the last thing I know to try, but don't know how to interpret the log is HiJack This

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Welcome to BC

HijackThis logs are not permitted in this forum. The HJT Team members are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits but currently there is a backup and you may have to wait for assistance. Referrals are made to the HJT forum if we cannot assist you here or you don't mind waiting.

it's a POS work computer running Win 2000

Since this a work computer, have you contacted and advised your IT Department? In most work environments, the IT staff implement specific policies and procedures for the use of computer equipment and related resources. In fact, many companies will require you to read those policies and sign a statement of understanding. Further, they usually have procedures in place to deal with infections on the network and may not approve of employees seeking help at an online forum or outside the business office.

If this is a malware issue, then it may have already infected the network. The IT Department needs to be advised right away so they can take the appropriate measures.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users