Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTTP 400 Bad Request


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

Hi Everyone! Serious problems!

Rebuilt PC with Intel DX58SO mother board with Core i7 920 and installed OEM Vista 64. Everything appears ok except I receive the HTTP 400 Bad Request :thumbsup: on all targeting urls.
I have a Belkin wireless network with a laptop that had WPA on it which I dropped with no change in results. I can see and copy files to an from both computers and access email on the Vista desktop. All of the MS Windows updates downloaded and installed in the background except for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64. Have tried to install this numerous times with no success. I suspect that this might have something to do with the IE 7 errors. I get the same error trying to access my router at 192.168.2.1 and all attempts to diagnose the problem returns the info that I am connected to the internet . My Vista install is a basic install, i.e. I have installed no applications on the system and there is no anti virus or firewall software.

Thanks for your help!!

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 burn1337

burn1337

  • Banned
  • 311 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

I would go through your services make sure everything needed for internet browsing is running... I would also make sure your DNS is set properly... Are you having any of these problems with your laptop? When was the last time you logged into the router? Can you log into the router with the laptop? You could try installing IE8, or Firefox, see if it is just the browser causing it... Also you could check your hosts file make sure nothing as been set that would block targeting URLs... What errors are you getting from IE7...

#3 Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:37 PM

I have full internet access with IE 7 now after fixing a network setup error. My Bad - however this did not fix the problem I am having in applying two Windows updates, i.e. > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64 and ATI Technologies, Inc - Display - ATI All-in-Wonder HD. I get a Failed:1 update with a Code 80244020 Windows Update encountered and unknown error.

#4 burn1337

burn1337

  • Banned
  • 311 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

For the Windows updates I really wouldn't know what to tell you, other then trying to download and install them manually...Sometimes it happens cause of malformatted packets, sometimes it happens cause of hardware or even other software issues...

#5 Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

I was able to work around the Windows update problem.

When I first installed VISTA, which was my first go with it, I was rather shocked to see a slew of messages about updates being applied etc. I didn't know that VISTA had even done that as I had not at that time established a connection with IE7. In any case, my access to these uninstalled updates was thru VISTA's Startup menu. I was able to download MSs Update Installer from another MS site and when I ran that it did the search on my system for updates like it does on XP and found those updates and downloaded and installed them without any problems.

I believe the copies that were failing for me simple got corrupted inadvertently thru my unfamiliarity with VISTA.

Thanks for your help and it was in fact fixed by downloading the updates again manually like you suggested.!

ciao

#6 burn1337

burn1337

  • Banned
  • 311 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:58 AM

Well that is great, I am glad to hear that things are running now for you... And you are more then welcome, glad my advice helped..




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users