Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 error when McAfee VirusScan performs e-mail scanner during downloading of incoming e-mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 desmondkiu

desmondkiu

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

whenever i open ms office outlook 2007 and try to download received emails, an error message will pop up saying path to naCmnLib71.dll is not found and outlook has to close
after some searching on the internet it seems this file is used by mcafee virusscan to scan incoming emails
after disabling the email scanner everything worked fine
so i can conclude that the email scanner is indeed the problem
i also updated mcafee virusscan to the lastest version but it does not seem to solve the problem
is there anyone with the same problem and has solved the problem?
can you provide me with the solution?
thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Well, if something is making the email scan not work, to be honest I personally would do a AV and AS scan, and maybe even a boot scan... Just to make sure there is nothing else causing the problem.

Edited by burn1337, 08 April 2009 - 08:40 PM.

#3 desmondkiu

desmondkiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

thanks for the reply
i have already solved the problem by adding the directory with the file into system path

#4 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

Well good to know... Sorry I wasn't any help to ya...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users