Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Many problems plus McAfee wont work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mattster

Mattster

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi, I think I have a few viruses and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I will explain step by step what I did to realize and after realizing that I had a virus:

#1 - I had a virus. The virus I had (although I think it was more than one) gave me a whole bunch of svchost's in Task Manager, and made a lot of weird things happen. One other thing that happened was there was a process that was all numbers. It changed every time, so I can not give you the name of it.

#2 - Realizing this, I used Spy Bot (at Safer-Networking.net) to check for viruses. It found them, cleared them, but the svchost's and weird numbers were still in the process list.

#3 - I then reinstalled Windows (if needed for help, I used format type: NTFS Quick).

#4 - When I finished installing Windows, I did only a few things in this order: Installed Safari (the web browser from Apple), went to Comcast.net to get McAfee. I installed McAfee, and it said that my computer was not fully protected because real-time protection and IM and E-Mail protection were off. So I tried to fix it, and it said that there was an error, nothing more. Than I tried to do a scan, and it said "Scanning has encountered a problem from which it cannot recover. Here are the problem details: Scan failed to start; result=-2147467259"

#5 - After this, I figured I would ignore it, so I installed a web server (WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) server; from WAMPserver.com). I messed around with it, and noticed that every time I would go to the homepage (or any other page) of the site, it would add 7 invisible IFrames linking to /http//jL.chura.pl/rc/]http://jL.chura.pl/rc/ . I think this is the virus (and I forgot to mention this, but this happened before the reinstallation of Windows too).

Please help, and if you need me to answer any more questions, please ask.

Edited by The weatherman, 08 April 2009 - 08:16 PM.
Removed link and to a moved to a more appropriate forum. TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mattster

Mattster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Ok to add on to this post, I just got infected with another virus, it displays fake alerts in the task-bar and wont let me get into the task manager. So I tried to get into the registry to un-disable the task manager, and it wont let me get into that.

#3 Mattster

Mattster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Ok I fixed these problems by using ComboFix and then McAfee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users