Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer is Infected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dutchwindmill

dutchwindmill

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hello everyone,
I am new to this group and, yes, you guessed it, my computer has some kind of malware problem. A problem I would very much appreciate help with. For the last week I have had booting problems, unable to start in safe mode, unable to acces my Gmail account, Kaspersky not updating etc.

Spyware Doctor found: Trojan-PWS.OnlineGames.generic.Alct; Adware. Yassist; Trojan-Downloader.generic!ct; HeurEngine.Packed.FSG.

And today, while on the internet, I encountered the following:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Minefield to connect securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your
connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,sites will present trusted identification to prove that you
are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

"Get me out of here!" (button)

>Technical Details
www.google.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

>I Understand the Risks
If you understand what's going on, you can tell Minefield to start trusting this site's identification.
Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

When I try to access my Gmail account, I receive the following message:

Secure connection Failed
Mail.google.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

This could be a problem with the server's configuration or it could be someone trying to
impersonate the4 server.

If you have connected to this server successfully in the past the error may be temporary
and you can try again later.

View certificate Cancel

When clicking on "View certificate" the following is displayed:

Issued To
Common Name (CN) mail.google.com
Organization (O) Google Inc
Organizational Unit (OU) <Not Part Of Certificate>
Serial Number 49:DC:D4:1D

Issued by
Common Name (CN) Kaspersky Anti-Virus personal root certificate
Organization (O) Kaspersky Lab
Organizational Unit (OU) <Not Part Of Certificate>

Validity
Issued On 5/2/2008
Expires On 5/2/2009

Fingerprints
SHA1 Fingerprint 87:58:64:5D:31:5D:04:B0:FB:42:FC:C4:C1:C4:C1:22:8E:6D:B5:50:DA;A8
MD5 Fingerprint A0:98:AF:58:90:A4:E5:6F:A6:FA:FC:FE:F2:B8:30:7A

Now if some kind soul would offer to help this desperate Dutchman I would be willing to part with a brand new pair of authentic Dutch "klompen"(shoes). Just tell me what you need to know and what I need to do. Thank you very much for your time.

dutchwindmill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hello and welcome, first off I am only after the shoes :thumbsup:

Let;s try and bet a scan log from MBAM..
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 dutchwindmill

dutchwindmill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Hello boopme,
Thanks for your offer of help. I have followed your instructions to the letter and here is the result of the malware scan:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1955
Windows 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2

4/9/2009 11:47:44 AM
mbam-log-2009-04-09 (11-47-44).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 60092
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Immediately after rebooting I received a message that PC Tools (Spyware Doctor) tray had to close and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. Kaspersky was not automatically loaded and had to manually start it. Also there was no network connection. The network connections folder was empty. After fiddling about a little Spyware Doctor started up and all my connections were listed once again. I still receive the Untrusted Connection message and cannot access my email account with this computer. I use another clean computer to do that. I will reboot the computer after this message and see what surprises will appear next.

Thanks a million for your help!

#4 dutchwindmill

dutchwindmill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Since I am still having so many various problems I have taken it upon myself to do a HijackThis scan for you to look at. No modifications have yet been done - just waiting for your expert opinion. Thanks

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.ati.com/online/cccwelcome/drivers.html
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ievkbd.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] "C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CtxfiReg] CTXFIREG.exe /FAIL2
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsioThk32Reg] REGSVR32.EXE /S CTASIO.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: Web traffic protection statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\SCIEPlgn.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - ESC Trusted Zone: http://runonce.msn.com
O16 - DPF: {32305793-C19A-48E7-AD2F-D87FF7B264A4} (TenebrilSpywareScanner Control) - http://download.tenebril.com/pub/bin/scann...wareScanner.ocx
O16 - DPF: {5AE58FCF-6F6A-49B2-B064-02492C66E3F4} (MUCatalogWebControl Class) - http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...b?1239178287109
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1238842324109
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd.dll,C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll,C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\adialhk.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2saag.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2009\avp.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Event Log (Eventlog) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: getPlus® Helper - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe
O23 - Service: HTTP SSL (HTTPFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service (ImapiService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Net Logon (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NT LM Security Support Provider (NtLmSsp) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Plug and Play (PlugPlay) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IPSEC Services (PolicyAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Protected Storage (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (RDSessMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Virtual Disk Service (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: WMI Performance Adapter (WmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 6758 bytes

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

HJT gives spurious results with 64 bit OS's
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 dutchwindmill

dutchwindmill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:37 AM

What does that mean; spurious results???

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:40 AM

adjective 1. not genuine, authentic, or true; not from the claimed, pretended, or proper source; counterfeit.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users