Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coolncalm

coolncalm

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

ill cut to the case and give some info!

windows xp pro sp3
ruthless ops v2.11j
neglected fury 5.3
stealthbot v2.6 revision3
router: WRT160Nv2
Firmware Version: v2.0.02
firewall av: zone alrm suite edition "also the udp and tcp ports are forwarded on this firewall"

I also log my windows firewall and i keep recieving this message:
DROP UDP 192.168.1.1 239.255.255.250 32768 1900
"protocal" "my computer dhcp address" " gateway" "source port" "destination port"
i do know that the 1900 port is the ssdp for plug and play yt im not plugging and unpluggin anything!

If there is any other info i may have not added plz feel free to let me know! I have asked around and been told it could be thr firewall that i should give full access to these programs which i have done. Also that it could be the router "but i have went backwards and forwards with tir 3 tech supposrt and they claim it to be set proper" Also a side note! i have also tried camodo firewall and another and they to diconnect my internet randomly! BUT pc tools firewall worked fine....i installed the free av and the free spam scanner then the reasources on my comp were eating alive so i uninstalled it!

any help would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

If I remember correctly that should be the UPnP that checks for other computers on the network... Though it could also be something else too... Sorry I can't be much help to ya..

#3 coolncalm

coolncalm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Well just that port 1900 was not the problem it is my whole internet desonnecting randomly on\off when i turn on my zonealarm suite firewall, i just thought that this port msg might have a little to do with it because it is blocked on os firewall atleast 100 times a day!

#4 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

It could be that either there is a virus/malware in your system that is causing the internet to shut down, because zone alarm is blocking it... Just the same, it could just be that Zone Alarm is blocking the dhcp server access...

#5 coolncalm

coolncalm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

well guys just a lil update if anyone wants it! and i know this has alot to do with gaming but it is also network based for the problem!

Ruthless ops v2.11j and Neglected fury b5.3 have gone back and forth for a long while that one is virused and so is the other or one being backdoored and so is the other! Basically when zonealarm was activated with either of these 2 running, it was blocking the request for access to my computer. So i tried closing both of them and ending both there processes and installing the latest version of zone alrm...THIS fixed the problem! So i come to conclude that anyone that 1: knows what i mean by the fallowing statement 2: those that use bots on bnet dont use nf or ruthless!

#6 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

Glad to know that everything is working for you, sorry I couldn't have been more of a help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users