Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access Internet Options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 babycat42

babycat42

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

:thumbsup: This has almost driven me crazy! I have Windows XP, IE 8. About 8 weeks ago I realzed I could not access Internet Options. When I try, something flashes really fast
I found this Forum while trying to figure it out. I do not have Spybot, but I do have Ad-Aware. Also I am the administrator on this system. Also, Microsoft updater downloaded IE 8 even though I already had it.
I had to do a system restore because I could not access the internet. My system has not been the same.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Uninstall IE8. Your issue has been experienced by others, who also had IE8. When uninstalled, the issue was resolved. If that does not resolve the issue, and you want to continue using IE8, it can easily be reinstalled.
I am curious to know if the issue cropped up after IE8 was installed on your system.

#3 babycat42

babycat42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Not sure when it started. If I uninstall IE8, what will happen? Can I still access the Internet?
Sorry to sound ignorant, am just learning about computers.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

You will be able to access the internet. By uninstalling IE8 your browser will revert back to whatever version of IE you were using before the IE8 install.
However, if you wish to be cautious, you can download IE7 BEFORE the uninstall. If for some reason you can't connect to the internet, you can use the download to install IE7.
Save the file to your deskotp so you can find it easily if needed.
You can download IE7 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

You do not sound ignorant. We were all new to computers at one time. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we are here to help.

#5 babycat42

babycat42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

Thank you. This worked! My computer is a lot faster. I guess they need to work on IE8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users