Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Encoder Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 iamz3r0

iamz3r0

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

I've been having issues with syncing my VCast MOTOW755 phone with Windows Media Player 11. Transferring the music files isn't an issue, but when it comes to converting the mp3 files to wma, what my phone supports, it will convert about 3-4 files, then gives me an error:

Windows Media Player Encoder Helper has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

(Error Details)
AppName: wmpenc.exe
AppVer: 11.0.5721.5145
ModName: wmadmoe.dll
ModVer: 11.0.5721.5145
Offset: 000a226f

I've attempted to roll back to WMP 10, but for some unknown reason, Windows Media Player 11 starts. After going through the first use setup, I get an error telling me that Windows Media Player 11 has not been installed correctly, and I'm directed to download WMP 11 again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-iamz3r0
!@#$ this! I'm getting Windows 7, and if that doesn't work, a Mac!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users