Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with a spyware/malware/virus and need assistance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MakoInfused

MakoInfused

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

I was recently infected by some sort of spyware/malware/virus and was wondering what I should do next. I've already taken some steps to resolve/relieve the problem, as I have some experience with these sort of things. I already fixed some of the problems myself by going into safe mode and disconnecting from the internet, turning on/off system restore (as most of the files were infected anyways), running Mcafee antivirus, running sdfix, combofix, malware bytes, spybot, and a few other tools. At first I had problems doing just about anything, exe's wouldn't work, internet addresses were redirected, shady processes running in the background (as witnessed in task manager), unable to use certain system tools such as regedit. I fixed all of those problems, however I'm still unable to: install certain programs (Such as SuperAntiSpyware due to an error "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation", which leads me to believe that this program would be able to combat the infection), reactivate windows firewall (Windows cannot start the ICS service), and some exe files that were originally installed are notifying me that they are "corrupt". Although I believe I'm going to have to reinstall these programs, as Mcafee shows that they are infected with a virus. I believe the immediate threat to be gone, as I originally contracted the malware it was definitely installing more bad programs onto my computer and from what I can tell this has stopped. So the situation appears to be stabilized but I just need some further help completely removing all the tid-bits that are still left.

PS: I'm using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Here is the original place I mistakenly posted my topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217795/infected-with-a-spywaremalwarevirus-and-need-assistance/.

The logs will be produced below.
Logs:
1. DDS "Attach" log.
2. Combo Fix log.
3. DDS log.\
4. HJT log.
5. SDFix Log.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MakoInfused

MakoInfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hmm...so I guess I'm not getting any help. Well that's ok, if a mod see's this you can go ahead and close this thread. I just reformatted my computer...so much for fixing it :thumbup2:.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for informing us what you have done.

Sorry, but we get overwhelmed here at times, and it takes us a few days to respond.

This Topic is closed.

Should you need it reopened, please contact a Forum Moderator. Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

This applies only to the original poster. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

R,
K
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users