Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello everyone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wrightdesigns

wrightdesigns

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

:thumbsup: Hello everyone!

Im new here, I have had very good luck with my computers until recently. I have a 12 year old son who is a computer gaming junkie who decided that Dads computers were better than his laptop for gaming, I dont use my computers for gaming, I use them for 3-d engineering. they are set up with raid 5 configs big power supplys and video card etc. Anyhoos, one day I came home and watched the boy fire up his favorite rig (my stronger of the two) and watched him dodge through the warnings and popups!!! I was furious, I found the firewall off, game spy running, some cheat eliminator, it was a real mess, still is, I have run all I can to clean it up, there were 18 viruses, many worns, the registry was jacked up but I have gotten it stable, now I cant get online to run windows update, in the decive manager my nvidia network bus emulator is corrupt (i dont know what that is or what it does) and the microsoft accustic echo canceler (sounds like some kind of submarine item LOL!), any how, I have done the hijack this thig and have a dds document ready,,, I really need this computer up and running despirately!!! please help. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

II am sure our Members can help you with the computer problems. Perhaps laying down some firm rules for your son to be able to use your computer will prevent further problems.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 wrightdesigns

wrightdesigns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Believe me, it has already been done, no more of this is allowed, ever, at least not on my work computers. I would like to build him an extreme game rig that can simply be wiped clean and reinstall windows when this happpens, he doesnt rely on a computer for a living so it wouldnt be a major inconvenience for him. It might be a good way for him to learn about this type of stuff and think about turning off a firewall,,, lol!

Thank you for your time and expertise in advance!!! It really is greatly appreciated!

#4 wrightdesigns

wrightdesigns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Believe me, it has already been done, no more of this is allowed, ever, at least not on my work computers. I would like to build him an extreme game rig that can simply be wiped clean and reinstall windows when this happpens, he doesnt rely on a computer for a living so it wouldnt be a major inconvenience for him. It might be a good way for him to learn about this type of stuff and think about turning off a firewall,,, lol!

Thank you for your time and expertise in advance!!! It really is greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users