Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to control another computer on the same network?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Virus_Killer

Virus_Killer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hello!

My question is simple:

How can I control (or shut down) my second computer while they both connected to the same Network?

I want to get in my Desktop computer from my Mobile one. I use XP on both.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zervic

Zervic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

Hello!

My question is simple:

How can I control (or shut down) my second computer while they both connected to the same Network?

I want to get in my Desktop computer from my Mobile one. I use XP on both.

net meeting...start >> run >> "conf" without the quotes...

you will need to have it running on both and allow full control of your desktop on your PC (not your laptop)...to connect the two you will probably have to use the computer name of one and call the other computer...then accept on the other computer...if I wasn't on vista I'd whip up a tutorial real quick...funny to see this thread today because I was just doing this at work today...if you want to wait til tomorrow I can whip up a tutorial at work to help you through this.

also, there are numerous other programs that allow this sort of thing...but net meeting is the easiest because it's already installed on xp :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users