Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 - How to Turn Off Automatic List

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

When sending an email in Outlook 2003, I often create lists. Outlook automatically creates a list format using bullets and numbering. However, I do not want to use this feature. How do I turn it off? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Most likely you have Word set as your default Outlook email editor. As soon as you begin typing something that it recognizes as a potential bulleted or numbered list, highlight the line in question and:

Pull down the Format menu, choose Bullets & Numbering. Click on the Numbered or Bulleted tab (whichever is the case). Click the None option, then OK. When you return to the email, the numbers or bullets will be gone, but your line may be indented. You should have the formatting toolbar visible. Click on the Decrease Indent button once or twice (depending whether it was a numbered or bulleted list) and the line will then be aligned at the left margin.

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users