Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default Line Space in Publisher 07

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shalomgal

Shalomgal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:08 AM

I have a very large Publisher document. A few months back, I changed the default font, but the line spacing also changed, even though I did not change it. I cannot figure out how to change the line spacing of the entire document! So since then I change the line spacing one page at a time as I am working on it. Very time consuming!

How do I change the line spacing for the entire document? How do I make a DEFAULT line spacing for the entire document?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Publisher works with text boxes. Did you format all of the text boxes in a certain way? This cannot be treated like a typical word processing document, because it isn't -- it's a desktop publishing document with different elements (which behave completely independently) within it.

Are you working with newspaper columns or tables? Are these multiple (separated) text boxes? More information is needed to help you out. Let me know the format and layout of your document and I'll probably be able to advise.

#3 Shalomgal

Shalomgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

The Publisher document is about 55 pages at the present time. It is set up with blank pages, single paged, each page with written or insert text boxes. Actually each page is one big text box and the information is typed inside or inserted inside the box.

I now wish I had done this project on WORD because then I'd know how to apply a formatting to the entire document! Live and learn!

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

First, when you said you changed the "default" font -- do you mean just the font within the text box? Hopefully so. Different fonts (even though they may be represented by the same point size) take up different sizes on the page which could have altered your alignment, especially if you have put in a hard line break (you hit the <enter> key). Make sure that your entire text box is in the font that you want. Select all of the text (press CTRL + A) and set the font to your desired choice.

With the entire textbox still highlighted (selected), access the Format --> Paragraph menu. One of the tabs will be Indents & Spacing. Set your alignment however you want it; make sure your line spacing is set as the following: Before paragraph: 0 pt., After paragraph: 0 pt., Between lines: 1sp. Click OK. Do not de-select the paragraph.

Now look on your standard toolbar. There is an icon called Format painter. Double-click that icon. That will enable you to pick up the formatting and just "paint" it to wherever you want. Go to your next (unformatted) text box. Literally "paint" the movable paintbrush cursor you get across all of the other text on the textboxes. This will apply all of the formatting from your first text box to wherever you paint your format brush. To get rid of the paintbrush cursor, single-click the Format painter icon on the toolbar.

Hope this helps. Publisher is intended, as you've found, to apply very different formating to every textbox -- it's a program that is much more user friendly than InDesign and much more versatile than Word.

Edit: are all of these text boxes connected (that is, did they auto-fill from one text box to the next on another page)?

Edited by txtchr, 09 April 2009 - 07:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users