Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

norton antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bjafil

bjafil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

Found your website searching for help on the smitfraud trojan and following your instructions think i may have gotten rid of it. Thanks. Now when I run norton it comes up with possible threats... most can be deleted but one wont go away. Can you help? It comes up as addau.exe and i dont know how to find it in search to delete it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks again. Dont know if I am doing this right as this is my first time posting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for assistance with your problem.

Read the pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions exactly.

Run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link.

Unless you are an expert with the registry Do not attempt to fix anything using Hijack This by yourself.

A member, of the HJT Team, will analyze the log and offer assistance.

Please, be patient, this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have made the post, please DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until your post has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team.

The first thing they look for when looking for logs to reply to is look for those that have 0 replies. If you make another post, it will show 1 reply.

A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might assume someone is already assisting you and might not respond.

So, just make your post and wait for a response until a team member responds.

How to submit a Hijack This log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

Edited by Enthusiast, 16 June 2005 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users