Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Login Loop

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 helen1963

helen1963

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

OK I have read 5million ( not exaggerating) things in my google search to get rid of this damnedable freaking "login loop" I am going to go crazy.gif .......i reallllllllllllllllllly need help ......... i have been fighting with this since hmmmm last tuesday and have done everrrything I can find and nothing is working .........computer will not go past login in
thanks
Helen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

What Operating System are you on?

Have you forgotten your password?

Give more details please about what you were doing before this event happened!

#3 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

I am using windows 2000 professional....... computer was working fine till I viewed a profile on myspace ..got a flag from firefox so I ran a scan and antivirus and nothing showed then system started to lag big time so I rebooted .....have been stuck at "login loop" since .....no I have not fogotten password I am administrator have even pulled CMOS battery and reset that have the " 4 disk reboot disks" have tried every tip in recovery console that I can find........but nope ...can't get past .....the only thing I do NOT have is a ERD from my system and of course can not d/l that from anywhere cause it has to come from my system and I do not have a "real" copy of OS........and have never set up a network through router to the other computers in house.....so I can not view my system from one....unlessss hmmmmm I change wires around from router to make this computer the 1st one......I am getting veryyy frustrated I do NOT want to format because I have no OS to reload
ANYBODY?? help please

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Please download the following and burn it to a CD or DVD. Obtain it however you can.

Avira Antivir Rescue Disk

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

After you have done that, please place it in to the troubled computer and make sure it boots from the CD/DVD.

The tool is self-explanatory, but if you have any more problems, please post back!

#6 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

OK in process of d/l'n right now ........I WILL get back with you weather I be pulling out my hair or doing a serious "HAPPY DANCE"

#7 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

OK screaming now......will have to do it after work......and use daughters laptop ...this computer does not have an actual burning cd only a cd player grrrrrrrrrr.......... I will get back with you later
Helen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU

#8 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

ok I got the cd but then my system said I have no cd-rom so had to fiddle with that ...now the disk booted up and did a few things now it is like it is dormant and not doing anything ??? does this take awhile...should I just let it be for awhile??
Helen

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Are you able to get into safe mode or safe mode w/networking?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

i can get into safe mode but it still brings up login screen and loops back

#11 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

ok this might help us get more exact. restart computer>tapf8>scroll up to disable automatic restart on system failure>press enter 2 times> do the normal login then tell us what errors come up

#12 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Notes added to my ever increasing pile ...thank you thank you and will do .........will let you know
Helen

#13 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

there is not the option in W2K F8 to do this..................................tapf8>scroll up to disable automatic restart on system failure>press enter 2 times>

#14 helen1963

helen1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

OK OK soooo no more ideas????

#15 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests