Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics driver doesnt work.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

So tonight I decided to update my graphics driver, it had been about 4-5 months since the last one. So I go to Nvidia's website and get the newest driver, 182.50 I believe. Downloaded and installed on my machine I reboot (FYI I never removed the previous driver) After the reboot I notice that my screens resolution has changed to a much lower one and my color isnt as sharp as before. Then I find out that the computer isnt (detecting) using my video card at all as show in the pic.

Posted Image

This is what device manager is telling me.

Posted Image

Any help is appreciated and, thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

Uninstall all of the nvidia drivers .
restart the unit
Reinstall the new drivers.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

I've done that multiple times, even tried refitting the card back onto the motherboard. I've seen other forums with ppl having this problem saying it was fixed with a reformat. Unless there is another way

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

have you tried rolling back the driver?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

Yes I have

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,551 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

You might try this, How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

I suggest uninstalling all unnecessary drivers, in addition to your current set of video drivers...then reinstalling the video drivers.

Louis

#7 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

I just tried that Hamluis and it didnt work. The same problem is presisting. I'm going to backup my stuff and prepare for a reformat, however I will keep checking this thread for update/will post updates.

#8 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Well, I reformatted and installed my video and audio drivers and I still have the same video card problem. I also tried reseating the card in the slot to see if that would help but that didn't change anything.

**UPDATE** Luckily I found an older version of my video driver, it worked as it should and video is back to normal now. Apparently the driver I downloaded was incompatible or something.

Edited by mooniniteman, 08 April 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,551 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Could be hardware failing.

I would try a video card (for comparative purposes), assuming that your screen reflects onboard video.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users