Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games choppy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

I recently upgrading my ram by 2gb, and got a new power supply. When i tried to run fallout 3 i found out that the game was now all the sudden choppy, when before the upgrade it ran perfectly. Also i mean choppy as in it seems like i have low fps or something, like little freezes before continuing (not smooth). The only thing i have noticed is in my process manager things like svchost has a lot more cpu usage. Any help would be greatly appreciated for fixing this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

What are your system specs? What kind of power supply did you get, what is the wattage, and how many amps on the +12V rail?

Have you updated your graphic's drivers lately?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

Graphics card: Nvidia geforce 6800
Ram: 3 gb
processor: intel pentium 4
Power supply: 450w Panther (Rhino)
motherboard: Dell inc. 0x8582

and as to the graphics driver suggestion, i tried installing latest drivers and it had no effect.

Edited by DemonicReaper, 08 April 2009 - 07:17 PM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

What graphic settings are you trying to run the game at? I know you said it was running smoothly before, but I don't think your system could run that game smoothly on high settings, and medium may even give it some trouble.

Here's a test you can do. Take out the original 1gb of ram, and just run your system with the new 2gb of ram. If you're still having problems, run memtest memtest86.com with only the new 2gb of ram in it. You'll need to download and then burn the iso image to a disc. You must then boot off the disc. You should let the test run for a few hours, or preferably overnight. If you ened help with this process, let us know.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 DemonicReaper

DemonicReaper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

i am running the game at lowest possible settings, like i had before. I will try your suggestion though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users