Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Servers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djgavh

djgavh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi guys and girls

I bought a Netgear PS121v2 print server last week from eBay. I downloaded the software from the Netgear site and managed to install it on one PC without too much trouble, however, I have no idea how to install it on additional PCs and laptops. I had a look at the manual and apparently I have to use the "Add Printer Wizard". doesn't seem to be in the downloaded software. I tried calling Netgear but as the the serial number on the bottom of the unit is incomplete / unreadable, they were quote "unable to provide a most excellent customer service" !!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this

Thanks

Gav

[b]EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 07 April 2009 - 09:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dr2i4ve

dr2i4ve

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

If I'm reading this right, you bought a wireless print server and have the printer hooked up to it. You got the printer showing up on one PC but can't get it showing up on another?

The 'Add Print Wizard' is referring to an option within Windows. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. There will be an option to add a printer. Go through the tutorial and more than likely you're going to select Standard TCP/IP port and enter the IP address of the wireless print server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users