Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to roll back an update?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ItsTrue ItsTrue

ItsTrue ItsTrue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hello, I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me with a computer problem I'm having. My computer's bluetooth wasn't working so I tried to troubleshoot it myself. Long story short I ended up turning on automatic windows update and ran the updates. When my computer restarted not only did the bluetooth still not work, my anti-virus (Trend Micro) also was not allowed to operate, and I was unable to connect to the internet. I tried plugging my computer directly into the modem but apparently my wireless card and such have become turned off. I tried system restore but that isn't working now either (I've used it before so it has been on). I went into the control panel and removed the updates but that had no effect either. I was told a rollback my help but don't know how to do that. Help please! or if you have any other suggestions on what to do, I'm open to that as well. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hello! And :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer!

I would recommend to Reinstall the program. Rolling back is usually not possible.

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 07 April 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:55 AM

get help with this link
http://lifehacker.com/software/windows/gee...tore-193546.php

or try to uninstall all the updates from add and remove programs in safe mode.
try to roll back the blue tooth driver also

#4 ItsTrue ItsTrue

ItsTrue ItsTrue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

I did remove the update in safe mode but that hasn't done anything. I've also tried to do a system restore multiple times, but every time the computer restarts it says the restore was incomplete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users