Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forum not loading on Back or Forward

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

I've been noticing this somewhere around noon today (Central US time). Whenever I use the Back function (Backspace) to go back to the forum's front page....thingy....whatever it is....:thumbsup:......I always come to a blank white page. It's as if it doesn't want to load or something. I'm able to get it back by Refresh (F5) and I can get to it just fine without problems. I'm also finding out that I can't go forward to it either, so I'm not sure if something's not working or what or....something....shutting up.

Not sure if it's on my end or what. It's only with the Forums area from what I can tell. I can go to the subforums and its threads back and forth just fine. I also checked with the other sections (Home, Startup List, File Database, etc) and they work fine. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or not. If I'm not making any sense, then I can try to explain in a bit more detail.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Cleared your browser cache and cookies to make sure you don't have any corrupt ones? Close and restart browser too, as added measure then try again. Have not had any complaints yet other than yours so............?????????

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

:thumbsup:.....oh......that did it.... (why didn't I think of that earlier?)

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

You're welcome, and my work here on this issue is complete. :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know it's resolved.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

NOTE TO SELF: Next time something like that happens, ATF Cleaner it :flowers:

Edited by scff249, 08 April 2009 - 12:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users