Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

why has my scrolling changed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 jrv

jrv

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

for soem reason, when I scroll w/my mouse & even w/the tabs, the page is very wavy or jumpy , etc. I don't like that. What made it start doing that? Makes me dizzy. LOL
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

I don't like this. It makes me dizzy. LOL

Just all of a sudden started doing this.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

It may be time for a new mouse.

I had something similar happen last year, that was my resolution of the problem.

Louis

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hello!

Has your computer been slow, latent, or given you errors?

What other weird things have happened (if anything)?

What do I have to know about this issue to help you solve it?

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,876 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

The cause is often a dirty mouse.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...31005021AApfAmm

Louis

#7 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

Well, i just had to reinstall windows after my computer crashed, but even after that, all was doing well, until last night. ?????

#8 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...31005021AApfAmm

Louis

Louis, Thank you!
I looked at the site you gave here & I do think that is my problem. I done exactly as the person said to do , and , Yes ,my display adapter has a yellow triangle w/an exclamation point. and when I tried to reinstall it as directed, came up saying there was an error installing.
Some one please help .

#9 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:57 PM

Please uninstall that graphic driver, then restart the computer. When the computer boots, your screen will be 640x480. Please allow the hardware update wizard to continue. If possible, have the software update wizard search Windows Update for the driver!

#10 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Please uninstall that graphic driver, then restart the computer. When the computer boots, your screen will be 640x480. Please allow the hardware update wizard to continue. If possible, have the software update wizard search Windows Update for the driver!

Ok, are you saying uninstall what says under the display adapter as, NVIDIA GeForce 4?

Thanks

#11 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

Yes, if you cannot reinstall it. You will have to do a hard reinstall, which is the method I described above.

#12 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Yes, if you cannot reinstall it. You will have to do a hard reinstall, which is the method I described above.

Jay, I did what you said to so, but nothing happened. what now. It keeps saying cannot install update there is a problem.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

You can try this procedure, How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

After doing the above, uninstall the video drivers, using Device Manager.

Then reboot and try to install the correct video drivers anew.

Louis

#14 jrv

jrv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

You can try this procedure, How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

Louis

Ok, I have doen everything suggested. But when driver was trying to be onstalled it said cannot install
I am confused .

Louis

Ok, I have doen everything suggested. But when driver was trying to be onstalled it said cannot install
I am confused .

Could it have anything to do w/the cord?

#15 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

I would suggest the purchase of a new mouse or using a friends mouse to test and see if your mouse is at fault. It's not uncommon for multiple problems to occur at the same time as a mouse wears out. If the new or borrowed mouse does not improve the situation please post back. Also is the mouse PS2 or USB? Wired, Wireless, or Bluetooth?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users