Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Links in Firefox won't open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geno368

geno368

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

I have cleaned up a desktop running XP Prof. which had some vundo dll problems. Now, when I open my browser and click on any link, the new page is listed on the address bar, but nothing shows up. Sometimes I can select "refresh" about 10 times and it will show up. This problem is also prevalent in IE 7 as well. Any suggestions?? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kopeth

Kopeth

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Check your Hosts file and make sure it only says (Local Host : 127.0.0.1)

Located in <System Drive>Windows>System32>Drivers>Etc>

Open the file using wordpad.

If you have a long list of IP's this could be causing an issue.

Also, make sure your firewall is allowing connections to firefox and IE.

Edited by Kopeth, 09 April 2009 - 10:27 AM.

MSI K8T Neo Platnum, AMD 64 3400+ 2.2GHZ, 180GB SATA HDD, Geforce 7800GS 256MB, Netgear WGR614V6 Wireless Router, Comcast 8MB/2MB.
Windows XP Pro SP3,Avast! Antivirus,Malwarebytes,Spybot S&D,SpywareBlaster,Firefox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users