Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Sharing Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Basil 1963

Basil 1963

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hi,

How do you add a computer to a existng wireless file sharing network?

I'll explain the best I can.
There were three XP Windows computers (two notebooks and one desk top) in the network that could access each other and share files through a wireless network.
I just wiped clean and did a clean install of Windows XP on one of the notebooks and would like to set it up so I can access the other two computers just like before. I do have everything up and running on the wireless network for internet access.....I'm viewing the forum and typing this topic from the newly cleaned notebook and the other two computers are online as well....so thats a start.

I know that the process is proformed by using a wizard just don't know where to start.

1. Do I need to start over with all three computer?
2. Can someone point to a good tutorial on this subject?

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject
Basil

Edited by Basil 1963, 07 April 2009 - 10:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Are the other two computers able to openly share between them selves?
Also if I remember correctly, all you have to do is allow shareable permissions... I personally don't like setting up networks like that, but the network wizard should be able to help you with that... That or the Network Connections... It has also been awhile since I have been on an XP system...

#3 Basil 1963

Basil 1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hi burn 1337,

The other two computer can talk with each other and share files.

What wizard shoud I use?

1.Network Setup Wizard? The icon looks like a house in the control panel
2.Wireless Network Set Up wizard? The Icon looks like a USB drive /radio wave in the control panel

Thanks
Basil

#4 Basil 1963

Basil 1963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Help ....Anyone :thumbsup: ......LOL!

#5 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

Well I think if you are wanting it wireless then use wireless or visa versa... But I am pretty sure you just have to turn on file sharing... Again as I said it has been awhile since I have done anything with XP...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users