Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:31 AM
OS: Windows XP SP2
Over the last few days, I have had many instances where internet explorer (version 8) would freeze up and crash and would get the error message (szAppName:iexplore.exe szApp ver: 8.0 szModName: hungapp ...etc.). Thought it was just an internet explorer issue, so I tried re-installing IE but it still happened. Also happened on other apps such as McAfee, Taskmanager, and Firefox. Here's what I have tried so far ...
1. I ran 4 different anti-virus/spyware scans (Mcafee, Vipre, SAS,onecare.live.com) - they all came up clean
2. Did a quick clean and disk defragmenter
3. Ran a chkdsk /r
4. Did a START-Run-cmd.exe-sfc.exe/scannow
5. Reset all IE settings to default
6. Turned on compatibility view in IE
7. Tried to do system restore but no matter what date/time I chose, it told me it was unable to restore to that point (tried all points)
8. Made sure I had all the Windows Updates - I did
9. Start-run-eventvwr.msc shows "application hang"
I am not sure what else to do. I do notice that it is more likely to not crash while on the internet if I wait until the page is completely loaded (pics, ads and all) before touching or doing anything. If even one picture hasn't loaded yet and I try to scroll down or something ... it will usually crash.
Please help! Thanks