Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I really need some assistance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marc4473

Marc4473

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

I am really, really, really in need of getting my laptop fixed so that it can help me earn my living.

I posted this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216539/windowsclickcom-uacdsys-trojan-infection/ on April 3rd and have not yet recieved a reply. I have been waiting patiently as instructed but after checking for a reply this morning, I noticed the link to view new topics and followed it to look at the new topics just posted today. I noticed that many of them are already being worked. I am now wondering if my post is in the wrong place?????

Any attention you can give me will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

You posted in a very busy forum, there are many more posts older than yours that haven't been answered yet. Ignoring directions and special pleas for help, especially running combofix doesn't look good.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

Hello Marc4473,

We work with hundreds of logs every day. All of our HJT Team helpers are volunteers but not all of them have the same skill level and expertise to deal with all types of malware. Although we try to take hijackthis logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. While I understand your frustration, in either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. Your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Our oldest topics right now date from March 30.

Thank you for understanding.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users