Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

Hi have a yellow question mark by other devices/ mutimedia controller, running windows xp, PCI Slot 5 (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 0)

device instance id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4D52&SUBSYS_A3461002&REV_00\4&2E26DDEC&0&00A4

I tried to just delete it but comes back not sure what it is or was mabey something i had hooked to usb like dig camera or something,

thanks for any help, Bignight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

have you tried right clicking and selecting update driver? It is not likely it will find something on the internet (microsoft update), but if you have a driver cd (usually you get one with a new PC), make sure it is in the CD-drive so it will be searched for updates.

You should not delete it, it is a piece of hardware for which your PC cannot find the right driver. I had something like this and let it like that for a year before I updated it (using the CD, as explained above).
This is a good tutorial that explains you how to update hardware-drivers.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

Hi thanks, yes i tried updating driver and checked option to check online and finds nothing, and this emachine didnt come with a driver cd :9

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,257 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

You should be able to download the drivers from your manufacturers website. If you can give me your manufacturer name (should be on your casing somewhere) and specifications (number, name, letters), I can look it up for you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#5 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

emachines t6522 media center pc

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,257 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

On this site you will find all the drivers you need. If you can not identify the driver you need, just download the one that seems to be the right one to your desktop, unzip it if it is zipped and update again, using the device-manager (right click on device and select update). Let it search the location where you have saved the driver you downloaded. If its the right driver, it will install, if its not the right one it will do nothing.

If I recall, the tutorial I posted has also some information on how to install the driver.

Let me know if it works.

Edited by elise025, 07 April 2009 - 08:13 AM.

regards, Elise

#7 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

ok thanks im guessing it is the ati stream one, if i do download this and install will it change all for video card i added last year to upgrade, was a ati radeon x300 se

#8 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,257 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

I am not very into video-cards, so I cannot give you a sure answer at this question. However there are members with more experience on this topic so just wait a bit and I am sure someone will answer that for you.

Good luck!

regards, Elise

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

You need to download and install the drivers for the ATI card that you have...Radeon X300 SE.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

You also might use the following tool to remove unnecessary drivers which are installed currently, before installing the ATI drivers.

How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

Louis

#10 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

thanks alot for the help, back to normal now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users