Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make current toolbar layout the default

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sucosam

sucosam

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

I had fixed this issue once before but have since had to reload my OS and now need to fix it again. I have my toolbars setup/placed just the way I like them, but whenever I open a new window or tab, IE7 puts the toolbars in the layout it prefers. So I have to unlock the toolbars and arrange them, and then relock them. I recall going into the registry and setting a value in there to fix this, but don't recall where it was. Any ideas?

Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dguillaume

dguillaume

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand your "IE toolbar" statement. But, just in case this helps, check that your shortcuts don't reuse the same window. Tools, Internet Optiions, Advanced, Browsing, then be sure that "Reuse windwos for launching shortcuts is NOT checked.

I had so much irritation with tabs in IE7 that I just turned tabs off. Here's a Microsoft pro's page on tabs: http://www.ie-vista.com/tabs.html.

#3 sucosam

sucosam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Well, the issue is this. If I right click on the toolbar there are my active toolbars in the context menu with a check mark beside then, and they are Menu Bar, Status Bar, Links, and Airmiles Toolbar. I would unlock the toolbars and move them so that they were configured with the Menu Bar (File, Edit, Tools, etc) and the Links of often visited websites on the same bar. Under that would be the Airmiles toolbar. I then lock the toolbars so that they don't move from the position I want them to stay in. However, when I open a new window or tab, the toolbars have shifted positions so that they are one under the other. I had been able to change this previously, but can't find the same website, and have since reformatted the computer, so any browser history is long gone.

#4 sucosam

sucosam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

I actually found the website I had used to do this previously. Instructions can be found here:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/prevent-...om-being-reset/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users