Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.TDSServ, Spyware Doctor, Respawning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 asylum7

asylum7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:13 AM

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone who can shed light on my problem.

A few days back I was browsing the net and Spyware Doctor detected the trojan TDSServ. My PC also began to have lcd monitor hue distortions as well, my dvdr couldn't recognize discs as well, and my PC slowed considerably. TDSServ. seemed to vanish after that point but I doubted that it was gone from my meddling in my dynamic link library/Temp files.

I decided to reformat my pc fully since I wanted it clean to protect my passwords and such. I performed a full deletion of my old partition and installed a fresh copy of WindowsXP SP2 along with some motherboard drivers, spyware doctor, and avast home edition before even plugging in my internet. However, as I attempted to install SP3 Spyware Doctor behaved similarly to the way it did In wizard99s problem but there were variations too.

I became spammed with alerts repeating this:
-Trojan.TDServ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HFXD7.TMP (system event blocked)

The last 2 entries before it calmed down cited this instead:
-" " C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\SET656.TMP (system event blocked)

I only have the trial edition of spyware doctor and the item is not quarantined. Avast does not even seem to pick it up. I read the forums regarding SP3 and AMD processors but this was not even an issue last time I installed SP3 on this computer.

My computer has the following:
AMD Athlon 64 X2
Windows XP SP2 2002
Avast Home Edition
Spyware Doctor Trial

Again, thanks for any help anyone can offer me and I apologize if I missed a certain forum rule. More than anything I am interesting in becoming more computer literate to avoid future problems like this. Is this thing latching onto my IP, floating in my router, or just hard to kill? I can provide further information in a quick manner if necessary and thanks again.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

You can use AVG or Avira Antivirus Software and also for Spyware virus you can use Malware bytes Software. all are free and easily available on net.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users