Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vundo/virtumonde? problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 pntball650

pntball650

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

I cannot seem to fully get rid of this thing... any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pntball650

pntball650
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

i forgot to add my symptoms.....random internet popups and computer is running very slow....let me know if there is anything else i need to post with this

i forgot to add my symptoms.....random internet popups and computer is running very slow....let me know if there is anything else i need to post with this

#3 pntball650

pntball650
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

here is the combofix log as well

Attached Files

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hello.

Warning on Combofix:

Posted ImageCombofix Warning

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool and you should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.
Further, ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the HijackThis forums and then only when requested by a HJT Team member.

Thanks for the logs, please delete Combofix.exe you have right now and re-download it from one of the following locations and run it again. Post the log once it's done.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Post back with:
-Combofix log

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the day I replied, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding. :thumbup2:

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hello.

Due to Lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic in the Hijackthis-Malware Removal forum.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users