Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving iPod music to new computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AceAlmighty13

AceAlmighty13

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

I purchased a new computer a couple weeks ago and have slowly been getting things pieced together on it. I'm now moving my music from my iPod. I know about the iPod Control Folder and doing it that way. I'd like to keep my Play Count totals. I've tried to access my old PC's hard drive and it won't boot up far enough so I can gain access through XP for the files I need. I'm assuming the worst and I won't be able to get to it again. Does my iPod keep that information on the device? If it is, which folder is it located? Is there a link for step by step instructions? Do I need to purchase a program for this to work properly? If I have to, that's fine. Or am I screwed? I've tried moving my hard drive to the new PC and at the moment I can't because one is a SATA and the new hard drive is an IDE. The four-pin power cord does not exist on my new PC. I purchased an adapter from NewEgg and the connections are the same, leaving me with an adapter that doesn't adapt. I'm tired, frustrated, and I'm sick of dealing with this at the moment and hope I could get some help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users