Welcome ChrisPokorny to Bleeping Computer. Please print out and/or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
Disable SpySweeper for the duration of the advise:
Open it click >Options over to the left then >program options >Uncheck "load at windows startup".
Over to the left click "shields" and uncheck all there.
Uncheck "home page shield".
Uncheck 'automaticly restore default without notifiction".
Reverse the process when you’ve carried out the advise.
Also disable Counter Spy.
Download about:buster by RubbeRDuckY
Download CleanUp!Save all of these files somewhere you will remember like to the Desktop.
***Run the CleanUp! installer. You dont need to do anything with it right now.
- Unzip the contents of AboutBuster.zip and an AboutBuster directory will be created.
- Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.
- Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.
- Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.
- If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update" then click the X to close that window.
- Now close About:Buster
- Open CWShredder and click I AGREE
- Click Check For Update
- Close CWShredder
Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site:http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
***Please run About:Buster:
- Click Start and then OK to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.
- Click Yes to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.
- It will begin to check your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.
- When it has finished, click Save Log. Make sure you save it as I may need a copy of it later.
- Reboot your computer into safe mode again
Run about:buster again
following the same instructions as above, this time without the restart at the end.
Now run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about.
Double click the file cleanup.
Go to option
Put a check to:* Cookies
* All users.
Once it's done, press Close.Reboot your computer into normal windows
Please run an on-line virus scan at Kaspersky OnLine Scan
or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro
. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)
After all that, please post back with how things went as well as the logs requested and a new HiJackThis log.