Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No icons or start menu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 virused

virused

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

I am running Windows XP pro SP 2 on one of my laptops, but when ever I log in I get my background picture and noting else.
This is my work computer and I am forbidden to go into safe mode or defrag.
What should I do?
No, it is different.

Edited by virused, 06 April 2009 - 08:16 PM.

~\/1$3~

For every VIRUS there is a remedy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Is this the same computer you ran Combofix on? We really need to know if it is the same computer before proceeding.

edit to remove a link which is not needed

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 April 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#3 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

No, this is a different one
~\/1$3~

For every VIRUS there is a remedy.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,546 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

This is my work computer and I am forbidden to go into safe mode or defrag.
What should I do?

If you are forbidden to even go to safe mode or defrag. It is very very likely we cannot suggest anything you you would be permitted to do. I suggest you take the computer to the corporate department that supports end users and seek their advice. Since this is company property and advice suggested here is likely to be subject to repercussions with your employer, this topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users