Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brother printer - remained data on lcd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 aastew

aastew

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

I have 2 laptops - an HP pavilion and a Toshiba Satellite. Both are running XP Pro with SP2. I have a linksys wireless router and a Belkin wireless print server. I have a Brother 9700 MFC laser printer/copier/scanner/fax.

At times after about the 3rd or 6th (or whichever, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it) print job, the printer will stop at some point in a document and the lcd on the printer will show "remained data". If I hit the clear button on the printer, the last page printed spits out not finished, and the rest of the print job is lost. This only seems to be occurring on the Toshiba laptop (which I use much more than the HP).

I have tried stopping the Print Spooler service, going into the windows/sys32/spool/printers and deleting the jobs, then restarting the service. At this point, the printer icon is still in the systray. when i click on it, there are no jobs showing in the queue, yet the icon persists.

I also uninstalled/reinstalled the driver for the Brother (last update 2004). Same problem.

I am unsure at this point whether the problem lies with some settings on the Toshiba, or with the software on the Brother. I have looked in the help on Brother, and all they say is to hit the clear button, no reason given why this occurs.

Since this does not occur with the HP, I am unsure of which way to proceed. As I said, it may be because I don't use the HP as much that the problem does not occur.

It doesn't matter what type of document, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe etc. There seems to be no consistency to this error.

Any help is appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users