Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried to do a system restore on vista been on screen 12 hours

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thenightwatchman

Thenightwatchman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Last night I picked a restore point on vista to go back to on a friends computer I'm new to vista and it has been on the screen that says system restore is intializing for over 12 hours... Please help. The computer will not attempt to connect to a secure wireless network but used to. So I was going to restore to an earlier point. Not the main proble
now, LOL please get me off the system restore screen! Thanx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

I once had a similar problem.In my case it just froze in mid task on my H.P.laptop with vista.I tried the three fingured salute to halt the process,control alternate and delete.I tried to press and hold down the power button and nothing happened.In the end out of desperation I removed the power and battery and when I re installed them it booted up and at first pressed F9 and tried its various options to no effect and then pressed F11 and it got me to recovery manager and sorted it from there.I tried system restore and it would not work and in the end I resorted to restoring to factory settings.It is something that should be thought about carefully as it wipes of all your personal data and files.Then again my problem is not exactly the same as yours so you may not have to resort to extreme measures.Best of luck anyway.Perhaps someone else will post with other ideas that have had similar problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users