Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Switch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 †Sage†

†Sage†

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

hey, i just wiped my system (virus) and when i installed my netgear (which worked fine before) it could not find and wireless connections! i had the usb/antenna thing attatched to where it always was, and i have a Dimension 3000, probably service pack 1 (maybe 2)

my netgear is is the WG111v2 usb adapter. the computer that is attatched to the netgear that sends out the signal is only about 15 ft away from the non working one.

now on to the question: it keeps telling me to make sure my wireless switch turned on, but i have NO IDEA where that is. Please help.

~Sage
SageOfSARIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 †Sage†

†Sage†
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

what, nothing?
SageOfSARIA

#3 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well firsly, does the usb have any kind of switch? Is the wireless connection even enabled? Are you using the Windows Zero Config service, or are you using the utility bundled with the drivers?

Also what kind of router/switch are you using?

Edited by burn1337, 07 April 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#4 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

You stated, hey, i just wiped my system

Then probably service pack 1 (maybe 2)

Then my netgear is is the WG111v2 usb adapter

XP right? If so you need to check and make sure you have sp2 installed, that device is USB 2.0 only. You need sp2 min for usb 2.0 support in XP, sp3 now would be better.

Right click on "my computer" then click on "properties", the "General" tab will list what sp is installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users