Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Ive been having problems with my DVD drive for awhile now. It is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N with Driver Version 5.1.2535.0. I've tried updating the driver via device manager but it says no other driver found is newer than the one i already have installed. I have a HP Pavilion DV6120US labtop with Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3. I also downloaded ALL updates via Windows Update. See below for details regarding issues.

Some detailed issues im having with my dvd drive is:
1. When pushing button, dvd drive will only open after pressing button over and over, takes about 5 times.
2. When pushing button, the dvd drive light comes on and blinks like it is trying to read, even when no dvd is inserted.
3. When using "Eject" under the windows explorer, it will only work half the time.

Please help!
Desion
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Try this: Open up your computer and unplug the IDE or SATA cable that is plugged into it, but leave the power cable. Turn the computer on and immediately hit the open/close button on the drive. Try opening and closing it a few times. If it is still having problems opening and closing, the drive is probably failing.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users