Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Vista Home Basic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PaCarlton

PaCarlton

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

I have a problem. I have a small workgroup containing up to 7 computers. It was originally composed of XP computers so it uses the default MSHOME. It now contains XP machines and two running Vista Home Premium. Last week I had to get a new laptop for someone so I grapped the nearest laptop in a store. This is a Packard Bell Easynote MH36 with 2 GB Memory running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. The machine has been put in the MSHOME workgroup and placed in a private network. Network discovery, file sharing and Public folder sharing are all on.

The laptop will not see the XP computer which has the printer connected to it that I want to use. This machine is running XP Pro SP3 and both of the other Vista machines can use its printer. The laptop can only see the other Vista machines.

The laptop is using AVG Internet Security and the XP machine Trend Internet Security Pro. I switch off the firewalls while attempting to connect up

All computers are running on a Wifi network.

Any ideas how I can get the laptop working?

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 06 April 2009 - 02:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users