Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netflix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dagreg

dagreg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:58 PM

Hello everyone, newbie here.

XP, Office 2003, Norton Systemworks complete re-install of everything, with new harddrive.

Problem is: Can pull up everyother web page but cannot pull up Netflix.com. Have closed firewalls, disabled Norton, emptied DNS, as well as all temp files. Lowered security to minimum, still no go. Using router for two machines, identical. Neither machine can pull up this webpage. HOWEVER, when I connect laptop to router in empty slot, it can pull up webpage. Very strange to me. When site pinged, it is getting to their server and sending back, computer is just blocking return. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Saw at another site that someone suggested checking the date, another, using capitol letters in the address, nothing has worked. Thank you very much. Dagreg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

have you tried to enter the webpage as https://www.netflix.com or https://netflix.com? This will try and open it as a secure location.

Edited by frankie12, 17 June 2005 - 10:14 PM.

#3 dagreg

dagreg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

Thank you very much for the comeback. I just figured out the problem late this evening. Ended up I had 3 firewalls, thought only two were active. The new mainboard software had one also. Closed it and was able to get into netflix. Boy did I feel dumb. Just weird that that was the only web page that it affected. Why? Guess I will never know. Have a wonderful weekend. G

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for telling us what the problem was !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users