Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Privacy Blocker infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malkay8

malkay8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

ok I work on computers and a friend in another state called me and told me that there was this thing called privacy blocker on her computer and she doesnt know how it got there. After doin alot of research on it I found out that this is alot like the AINTIVIRUS360 thing. She said that her husband told her that it popped up on the screen when Malwarebytes was running a scan. Now if it was just like the Antivirus 360 thing I wouldnt have a problem what so ever getting it out BUT this one seems to be alot meaner than the aintivirus360. It has made ALL of the icons on her desktop disappear and she has NO start button or start bar at the bottom of the desktop. She does have internet access but we were only able to get to once and that was by something causing a fatal error and windows wanted to send a report of the incident. At the botttom of that box she clicked on MORE INFORMATION and that got the browser to come up. Her antivirus was out of date so she downloaded AVAST antivirus which is what I use for antivirus on all my personal machines with very good luck. It has a boot scan option and she ran it and found NUMEROUS things on her computer which was moved to chest during the boot scan. Now when she boots the machine up after the boot scan this Privacy Blocker AGAIN popped up and still no desktop icons or start button or bar. I cant get to the internet or even go into the registry to get to any of her problems. HELP I even had her go into safe mode and still nothing. I need to know how to get to the start button or anything else when none of it is showing. This one has got me stumped bad and I am the type of person that when something stumps me this bad then I get even more determined to get it fixed so I would appreciate any help anyone can give me

Edited by malkay8, 06 April 2009 - 10:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Have you tried the 3 finger salute, task manager, new task, browse, in windows folder explorer.exe
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users