Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't download programs!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

My brother lives in Australia and he has a work computer. They must have him as a regular user with out admin permission. He is trying to download skype, msn IM without any luck. It says he must be part of the admin group, access denied. Is there anyway to change the permissions to download these programs and then change back once done. I don't want to get him in trouble, but It sucks that we can't talk on skype. Any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

he has a work computer

It's not unreasonable that the company your brother works for wants to block downloads. After all, it is their computer and they most probably want to reduce the risk of getting viruses on their network from people downloading all manner of files.
Doesn't he have a PC of his own?
Steve

#3 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

Well according to BC policies we cant advise in doing like these activities. Sorry we are here in any kind related to your systems.

Thanks for understanding.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#4 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Thanks guys for the info! I that his work must have the set up some accounts as Users. So that they can not do some things that the admin group can do. I guess the solution is either going and asking if they can put a couple of these programs on or buy a non-work pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users