Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb stick not showing any files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silverishkitten

Silverishkitten

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hey, not sure this problem has been adressed before. i've been searching but I can't find any helpful topics.

My usb stick(not sure what it's called) of 1 gb is not working anymore.
A few days ago, when I tried to open it, it gave me a "Disk not formatted" error. But I have alot of stuff on it.
Now when I tried to open it, it just shows the stick as an empty folder. As if it was new.

But when I go to properties when I right-click the drive, it does show that something is using up the space.

I've tried to right-click and use the diagnose tools, and also try the backup-thingy(although I dont really know what I was doing)... None of it seemed to work. It's acting as if the drive is empty.

Can anyone help please?? I had some files there, that were quite important.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

You might try running check disk on it. I had problems with mine until I did that. Go to Start, Run, and in the box type, chkdsk k: (or whatever drive your USB is). You may even do a repair by typing in /r after the drive.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Silverishkitten

Silverishkitten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

I tried that and it didn't work :thumbsup:

#4 Alsie50

Alsie50

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi
Google for a program called zero assumption its a file recovery tool worked for me when my sd card goosed also one called recuva cant remember which one was best

Cheers Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users