Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix problems

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 virused

virused

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

For some time I have gotten a pop-up error stating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
svchost.exe apllication error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The instruction at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".
Click "ok" to terminate program
| OK |

I have tried many programs to stop this error and finally used the "powerful" program Combofix. This program quickly resolved my problem with the pop-up, but my internet and sound still don't work. I ran the program twice and still no luck. I have also recently ran Webroot antivirus and Malwarebytes, but my computer appears to be virus free.
I would be very grateful for some help.
Thanks,
~\/1$3~

Edited by virused, 05 April 2009 - 08:53 PM.

~\/1$3~

For every VIRUS there is a remedy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.

Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.

Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot.

Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hello virused,

and finally used the "powerful" program Combofix.

Please note: ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert." It is NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Running ComboFix by yourself is like performing open heart surgery on yourself--the scalpel and other surgical tools that is ComboFix is meant to be wielded by a highly trained surgeon only in emergencies or dire circumstances. When the surgeon is thru s/he leaves the room. So combofix should be removed from a system once it has accomplished its job, unlike an AV that is there to protect you from future infections.

. . . CF does make some alterations to your system if you run it. Even if you had no malware removed and run the uninstall command, some things may be different now on your system. I can tell you that one thing is that all your restore points will be flushed out and a new one created. There is a good reason to do that when you have a severe infection--but if you aren't infected you might need those restore points.

Read and abide by the disclaimer people. It's there for a reason. Stick to running and protecting yourself with a good AV and firewall and an anti-malware scanner or two. If you feel you need a second opinion, try running online scans. If you feel you might need surgery, come here to BC and ask for help--that is what we're here for.

From: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1159014

That said, please follow the instructions budapest provided in the previous post.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

I tried to go with Budapest's approach, but when i tried to set up a connection on administrator (which previously had no connection) it found no wireless networks. I am using a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Network USB, and nothing is being found.

~\/1$3~
~\/1$3~

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Run the command "netsh winsock reset" from the Admin account and then reboot into your normal account.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

I did, and still nothing

~\/1$3~
~\/1$3~

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

Try this fix:

http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Thank you so much for your help Budapest, my computer is back to running smoothly. Everything but my sound. I have a ESC Elitegroup Mother board with an ATI HD audio card model a740gm-m. I have been looking for a driver, but none seem to work. I also tried to get the driver from the motherboard CD, but no luck.
~\/1$3~

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Try reinstalling the motherboard chipset driver.

—George Bernard Shaw

#10 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

I did, but it just installed the graphics card driver, not the audio...
~\/1$3~

#11 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

What type of motherboard do you have?

For example:

Type: Socket AM2+ (AMD)

Model: A790GMX-A

—George Bernard Shaw

#12 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Socket AM2+ (AMD)

A740GM-M
~\/1$3~

#13 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Have you tried the Audio drivers here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...D=6&LanID=0

—George Bernard Shaw

#14 virused

virused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

after I download it, what do I do? ( what do i run

Edited by virused, 07 April 2009 - 07:53 PM.

~\/1$3~

#15 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

I believe that the download is a ZIP file. Open it and post back what files are in the ZIP file.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users