You might want to run an online scan for a second opinion and see if there's anything else removed.
Also is your Java up to date? The latest version is Java 6 update 13
. Install it if you don't have it already.Update Java to Version 6 Update 12Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 13.
- Click the Download button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
and remove all
older versions of Java.
*If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
** If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
*** The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.Run ESET Online Scan
- Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
- Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
- Now click Start. If you see a "Security Warning" that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes.
- Click Start. The online scanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc.
- To do a full-scan, tick: Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
- Press Scan. The Onlinescan will now start and scan your computer. Please be patient as this a while.
- When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window.
- Click Start, then Run.... The the box that appears type with the quotes:
- The scan results will now open in Notepad
- Click into the text area, right-click and chose select all. Right-click again and chose Copy.
- Post back with the log.txt in your next reply.
For Vista Users
: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator
" from the context menu.)