Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with Windows Live messenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Activa

Activa

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Ok I know it's my own fault, and I should have been supervising them, but the grandkids were banging away on the pc, supposedly game playing, I've since tried to log onto Messenger and I get a message saying that msnmsgr.exe is missing or moved and do I want to remove the shortcut? I've tried repairing Windows Live from the control panel (am running Vista Premium) but no luck, in program files under Windows Live there is a Messenger folder but no msnmsgr.exe file. Messenger is not listed in all programs/Windows Live, all the other elements are there, I've looked in the recycle bin and searched the pc for it. Am loathe to uninstall Windows Live, is there anywhere I can get the msnmsgr.exe file from and where would it go? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

anywhere I can get the msnmsgr.exe file from and where would it go?

The best and safest way would be to reinstall it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Activa

Activa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

I managed to uninstall it and download the messenger again. Problem is now solved.

Edited by Activa, 05 April 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Keep an eye on them grand babies and remember peanut butter bread and CD drives is not a good combonation
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users