Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Alert! you have security problems)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vegars7

vegars7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

Hi guys, I'm new to this forums ive just signed up, noticing how well detailed the help and response were, i decided to give this post a try.

I recently ran something that cause many malwares. I already used "Malwarebytes-Anti Malware" to clear All the Malware, in total, 23 infected.
However, I'm still having recent pop ups that were related to the "Fake Anti Spyware virus" that's been revolving around.

For example,
1. Alert! you have security problem Pop up (and then asks me to scan for viruses and buy their stupid programme)
2. New google window search Pop up
3. AVG detected a virus threat named ---------- File name: "bonuspromoffer.com/srm/etc/config.js
Threat name: "Exploit Rogue Spyware Scanner

Im so lost at how to remove these leftover virus maybe? Please someone please instruct (:

Many thanks
Silas :thumbsup:

Edited by KoanYorel, 05 April 2009 - 04:39 AM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Professional

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:07 AM

Hi,

Welcome here. :thumbsup:

Could you please do a new, full scan with MBAM? Post the logfile in your next reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users