Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing in Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leosageheart

Leosageheart

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:02 AM

Basically, I got my new custom built system last Friday, and I have been messing with it ever since. The retail I bought from has Tech Support voicemail because they are that busy I am assuming.

Running Windows Vista 64-bit, nvidia geforce gtx295 dual video card, 800w PSU, liquid cooling with 2 fans as well.

Basically, when I booted up my computer, it worked for about 15-20 minutes then started freezing and me having to turn the pc off manually. Eventually after many hours of frustration.. I disabled the video card and I was able to surf the web and do other things without it crashing. However I cannot play some games as it says "Failed to find suitable display device. Exiting Program." I have updated the GeForce GTX295 drivers, and tried about everything else I can think of just short of actually getting on a game for about 3-5 minutes before the computer froze again. My only thought would be the PSU is not holding up to my video card, however I'm sure its compatible.

I have also tried reinstalling Windows Vista, but now I do not feel that Vista is the problem.

If you need me to post anything else, please let me know. I'll only be able to check this 1-2 daily, however.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

Why are you even messing with it?
You'll only void the warranty
Request a RMA and send it back
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Leosageheart

Leosageheart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Why are you even messing with it?
You'll only void the warranty
Request a RMA and send it back

I posted here to better understand my situation and problem.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users