Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Won't Load fully

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:58 AM

Hey everyone, I got a copy of Windows XP (home) and its not working anymore. It boots up until the "welcome screen" (which I didnt previuosly have on, it only comes up to tell me this) and then says "Windows 30 day trial is up and is not activated, Click OK to activate now". You click "ok" and it goes to what would be the tel # screen, but it says "Windows Xp is already activated click ok to continue" and logs me back out to the welcome screen. If you click cancel, it just goes back to the welcome screen. Before, a dialog box came up and said "there is x# of days left to activate would you like to do it now?" But no matter what button you clicked it would say windows is already activated and continue to load. Now that the counter has run out of "time" I cant get into windows anymore. Microsoft isnt a big help, because I have to have the product Id string (not the product key) but i have to get into windows to find it. If anyone knows how to get to the system restore before windows boots that would really help. Thanks a lot -Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:13 AM

You could try going into the Bios and setting the date back a few days on the Standard Setup screen. This may fool Windows into thinking the trial period hasn't expired yet.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users