Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

losing connection please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 deuce7931

deuce7931

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

I am currently having a problem where I am losing my connection when idle. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. It just started thursday night. It says I am connected but when I try to load a page or anything it wont connect. I am running cable internet. The modem for the cable says everything is fine. My coonection on Pc says its connected. I am running a wireless router as well. I am currently running a Belkin wireless router I have tried two different routers same problem. I am able to connect wirelessly to the router. Just my wired PC wont connect. The only way to fix it i I have to restart the computer. I have AVG full anti-virus and firewall. That shows nothing neither does spybot or malware bytes. Have not installed any new programs for the conflict. Even tried a system restore and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

Contact you service provider once and ask if issues in your area service.

Try using a different browser like firefox or Opera. Check if problem continues

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users