Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anybody have an intel DG965WH motherboard?!?!?! VERY IMPORTANT!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iSIKH

iSIKH

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hey everyone, does anyone use or have the motherboard intel DG965WH? If so could you help me? What happened is that my Nvidia 9800GTX+ was going bad so I went into bios to disable it and enable the integrated graphics (I did this because I am computer savvy) The only problem with that was that now I get a black screen no matter what...What I wanted to ask you was can you take a picture of the bios screen so I can navigate to graphics/video cards and re-enable my 9800GTX+. Could you possibly take 1-3 pictures upload them, like one of the regular bios screen and then one navigated to the setup where u have the option for RAM advanced setup, video card setup,etc. Please everyone and thanks you so so much I really need to use my computer. I am sending this from my sister's laptop which I cannot use often at all. =[ Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

Be "savvy" enough to remove the video card completely,
Hookup the monitor to the onboard video,

Then clear the CMOS.

Be sure to unplug the unit from the house current before doing anything.

Either move the CMOS jumper to clear it [don't forget to put the jumper back to the original posistion before you power on the motherboard]
If you can't find the jumper remove the battery for about 30 seconds.
[The battery is released by pushing a metal retainer clip, not just prying it out of the retainer.
Just pry it out & you will break the plastic battery retainer clips .

If you clear the CMOS & get no video then the motherboard, CPU, power supply, or memory is bad.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 iSIKH

iSIKH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Then clear the CMOS.

Either move the CMOS jumper to clear it [don't forget to put the jumper back to the original posistion before you power on the motherboard]
[The battery is released by pushing a metal retainer clip, not just prying it out of the retainer.

If you clear the CMOS & get no video then the motherboard, CPU, power supply, or memory is bad.

Well, I guess I am savvy compared to most people but now that I found out more and more about computers everydday at work.. I am not too savvy, just savvy compared to the avg Joe..but thanks I will try that right now!

#4 iSIKH

iSIKH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

Then clear the CMOS.

lol thanks my man I was just about to say I tried everythign but nothing works. THen I realized I made the STUPIDEST MISTAKE!! haha I forgot plug the monitor into the onboard gfx card

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

you should probably remove the defective video card, it will force it to use the onboard. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users