Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do u burn DVDS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wagner12

wagner12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

i recently purchased a sony DRX-710 external dvd burner. I also got a nero burning program with it, and i downloaded dvd shrink as well as dvd decrypter. I just wanted to know the process or procedure i guess to burn a dvd to dvd....quickest b/c i have no clue.

any help would be nice....

thanx
judd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

You want to make a copy of a DVD? You won't be able to do that to actual movie DVD's (that you bought at the store) because they got a bleep load of "copyright" protection burnt into the DVD so it wouldn't work.

However if you want to burn a copy of a DVD your burned it shouldn't be that hard. I've never really used Nero but try looking for DVD burn 'on the fly.'

But do you have 2 DVD drives? With one of them being a DVD-Burner? Also you'll need the same format disc I think. Like if the first one is a DVD+R you'll most likely need a DVD+R for the 2nd copy when you burn it.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Actually, you can do it. Use DVD decrypter first. You'll need a lot of hard drive space because by the time you've finished you'll have used about ten gigs.

It's pretty automatic. It might ask you to choose the area, but just choose the default. Then it will go through the disk and remove copy protection. BTW - DVD decrypter has been removed from the internet because the author was in Britain and their copyright laws are very strict.

Once it's finished, it will play a cute little Calypso tune and you can close it, noting the name of the saved file.

Then open DVD shrink and open the files you have on the hard drive.

You need to get the movie small enough to fit on a single DVD. I've had good success with burning at say, 56%. If it doesn't work, you may have to re-author. You can remove everything but the main movie or whatever parts you choose.

But before you do that, try removing all the foreign-language substreams.

If you want to get even more complicated, there is also Menu Shrink, which will change animated menus into stills so that they don't take up so much space, and there are also programs that will allow you to re-create menus to fit your re-modded disks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users